Join us for our debut running camp!! Early Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon, May 4th & 5th
Location: Occidental, CA and surrounding running trails
Registration: Register soon - there are a limited number of spots/cabins available.
Cost: $95 (club members only)
Transportation: We'll help connect with carpooling (if needed or if able to drive)
Camp starts at on Saturday at 9:30am (earlier if you are running long) on the Kortum trail / Sonoma Coast State Park. You can kinda see the trail in the photo below. This run gives those training for Mountains to Beach Marathon an opportunity to run 20+ miles on soft ground, plus a breathtaking run venue for us all with wildflowers blooming. For the non-M2B runners, we'll go between 5-10 miles for this opening run.
Included in Camp fees - Overnight accommodations & 3 meals (vegan and vegetarian option available) plus:
- Four running opportunities in beautiful locations (yes, relaxing in a nice running environment makes you faster)
- Special guest: Greg McMillian - author of "YOU (Only Faster)"
- Greg will run with us one day, dine with us for a meal, and share best recommendations from his coaching
- Speakers on best practices for marathon training, recovery, and more
- Yoga for runners (still working on this)
- Goal setting session and sharing (how running can maximize your race potential with these goal processes)
- Kayaking or canoeing on the Russian River (optional - additional cost for campers)
- S'mores around the campfire & stargazing on the May 4th New Moon night
- Running movie(s) shorts on Saturday evening
- Time away from the hustle of San Francisco
There will be separate men's and women's cabins. Each person gets the upper and lower beds - one for traveling bag(s) and one for sleeping.
Above: A preview of our Sunday morning pre-breakfast shakeout run: 3-mile loop (taken on site recon mission)
Your attendee bag will include generous gifts from our Running Camp sponsors, including (with more to come):