VISITORS & GUESTS
Our Saturday club runs are a wonderful benefit of being a member of the San Francisco Road Runners. We encourage you to become a member to take part. Many first Saturday's of the month are our breakfast runs... where visitors often are welcome.
Members are welcome to bring potential members to a regular Saturday group run. As host, please help your guest get oriented with the club, find the correct pace group, etc.
** Given the size of our group and other stipulations,
headphones, strollers, and furry friends are not permitted.
If you're just visiting San Francisco for a weekend, try one of our favorite routes. They start/end at Union Square and follows the Embarcadero along the San Francisco Bay, which has water fountains and bathrooms: 3 mile route 5 mile route 10+ mile route
Saturday Morning Run
The meeting point for Saturday morning runs changes from week to week -- posted mid-week.
- 7:45 AM start
- All pace groups run 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 miles each week
- Pace groups range from 7:30 minutes per mile to 12:30 minutes per mile
- Members only --Weekly run details can be found once you log in.
- Prospective members welcome to join us for a test run any saturday
Monday Evening Strength & Conditioning / Cross Training - *ON HOLD*
The meeting point for Monday evening XT sessions: TBD
- Members and Guests
- These workouts will focus on mobility, flexibility, core strength and injury prevention. All fitness levels are welcome, and scaling options will be available for each movement to ensure that everyone can participate to get stronger, run faster and prevent injuries.
- Register for our Monday Strength & Conditioning / Cross Training emails here.
Tuesday Track workouts meet at the main arch on the west side of Kezar Stadium.
Tuesday Evening Run/Workouts at Kezar Track
- Members only
- 6:30 PM start (don't be late)
- Led by Coach John
- Designed for runners who have a 4-month running base and run 3+ times/week
- NOTE: ALL are welcome no matter your pace. We mean that. And somehow it's all kinda fun.
- Register for our Tuesday Track emails here.
- And learn more here
Wednesday Evening Runs
- Members and Guests - technically Sport Basement's fun runs that SFRRC leads
- Meet at 6:30 PM at Sport Basement Presidio store *
- 2019 runs begin on January 30th (free food and drinks/beer after)
- If you don't have a headlamp for non-daylight months, Sports Basement provides
- Super easy/casual runs thru the Presidio trails and elsewhere
- Led by SFRRC veteran Tom Barney and coaches from SFRRC
- In summer months, these runs are led by Club Ambassadors
Thursday Evening Group Runs
- Members only
- Meet at 6:00 PM in front of the Ferry Building
- Led by Coach Susan
- Register for our Thursday evening run emails here.
Sunday Trail Runs: June - November
Trail runs on Sundays. Visit our Trail Running page for more details.
- Members only
- 9:00 AM start
- Led by Coach Bill
- Sunday runs are shorter mileage (3-10 miles)
- Register for our Sunday Trails emails here.
The following are directions to the sites at which we meet most
frequently. For locations of specific runs, please see homepage
Regular Weekly Run Locations
Meet in front of the
bathrooms on JFK Drive just west of Chain of Lakes Drive. Parking is available in this area.
Meet under the Ferry Building clock tower along the Embarcadero
Meet at the West Gate - closest to the park. Free Parking is available in Golden Gate Park (don't leave
valuables in your car, put them in your trunk).
Meet/Park in the parking lot at the intersection of Lake Merced Blvd and Sunset Blvd
Land's End Visitors Center
Meet/Park in the lot by the new Visitors Center at Point Lobos and 48th Ave.
Enter near Fort Mason and meet near the restrooms near the blue gym equipment across from the Marina Safeway.
Meet in front of the Beach Chalet (1000 Great Highway). Park
along JFK Jr. Drive or across the Great Highway in the parking lot along
Ocean Beach. Do not park in the Beach Chalet parking lot.
Sports Basement - Presidio
610 Old Mason Street, San Francisco
Meet directly in front of the store. Please park at the far end of the parking lot to leave space for store customers.
SFRRC Trail Series Locations
Park in the dirt lot
off of Lincoln. The group will meet in the center of the plaza, in front
of the new gift shop, and near the new water fountain.
Park in this lot. The group will meet on the sidewalk near the gate where Conzelman Rd. continues down the hill.
Park on the side of the road near the meadow. There is some parking just past the meadow on the right.
Park in the lot behind the building (up the hill). The group will meet next to the bathrooms/water fountains.
Mill Valley/Old Mill Park
Park on the street just outside the park. We'll meet by the bathrooms just inside the park.
Park in the main lot
by the beach - the group will meet near the port-a-potties. There is no
water at Muir Beach - please be sure to fill up before you come. It's a
good idea to leave extra in your car as well.
Park in the lot at the Ranger Station (fee) or across the street along the road (limited parking)
Park next to the park. We'll gather here and run to the trailhead together.
Park at the Tennessee
Valley Parking Lot at the end of the road. The group will meet near the
bathrooms and the trail signs at the metal gate. There is no water at
Tennessee Valley - please be sure to fill up before you
come. It's a good idea to leave extra in your car as well.